What I offer...
Yoga uniquely asks us to go inside and know our inner experience physically, mentally, energetically, spiritually.
Each of these ways of knowing is a skill that can be developed through the many practices of yoga.
Felt Sense Yoga & Yoga Therapy integrates
- Yogic techniques and practices to access the mind, body and spirit and develop the felt sense skill;
- the framework of Nonviolent Communication to process feelings and needs and to take your growth into the world with others;
- Trauma-informed approaches to working with the nervous system, including polyvagal theory; and
- Ayurvedic theory for holistic assessments.
Felt Sense Yoga Therapy offers a multi-disciplinary approach to learning and practicing yoga as well as more focused healing work. All healing is the process of empowering yourself to know and care for yourself deeply. Felt Sense Yoga Therapy teaches the essential skills for doing this.
- Beginners, Basics, Introduction to Yoga
- Yoga Alignment
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga
- Yoga for developing Interocpetion & Felt-Sense Skills
- Yoga Meditation Practices, including Yoga Nidra
- Yin Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Pranayama and breathing techniques
Situations where Felt-Sense Yoga Therapy might help:
- Anxiety, Depression, Stress
- Heart Disease
- Back pain, scoliosis
- Athletic injuries and recovery
- On-going pain, mental and/or physical
- Managing intense medical treatments (e.g., chemotherapy)
- Strength and Endurance Training
- NVC 101: feelings & needs
- Empathy & Self-Empathy